Preparation for either the full time or blended learning diploma in interior design for non-degree holding students
KLC will require those students who have been provisionally accepted on the diploma without a degree qualification to complete this online pre-diploma course prior to the start of their programme of study. However, many students who do already have a degree qualification also find this course very beneficial for refreshing academic study skills. This course will provide invaluable preparation for non-degree holding students for the highly intensive diploma courses.
The syllabus will cover the following and will be delivered through online lectures:
- Research and recording information
- Accessing creativity, mind mapping and lateral thinking
- Critical thinking and analysis
- Structuring an essay, recognising and reflecting on different points of view, developing an argument, communicating ideas effectively
- MLA referencing
- Time management and self-motivation
- Making use of facilities (museums, galleries and libraries)
Should any section of the preparatory course work not meet the necessary standard, candidates would be required to re-submit.