Our passion for design permeates everything that we do. At KLC, you will find enthusiastic, committed professional designers and other like-minded students.
Studying at the school is creative, inspiring, fun and stimulating. It is an enjoyable, fast-paced learning experience. We place strong emphasis on developing the creative potential of every student in a friendly, nurturing environment with great care and support given to each individual.
Our interior design and garden design courses predominantly enable career change and our industry links and employment track record are second to none.
We offer an unrivalled variety of course options, so that you have complete flexibility in how you choose to study. We welcome international students and have a vibrant student community both onsite at the school in London and online. We look forward to welcoming you as part of this.
The School is committed to delivering socially purposeful higher education that serves and strengthens society and underpins the economy, contributes to the public good, enriches those who participate and equips graduates to contribute effectively to the interior or garden design profession and communities locally, nationally and internationally.
The last two years have involved extensive development work and the strategic focus going forward is on a period of consolidation with emphasis on successfully embedding the new courses and enhancing quality throughout all aspects of the school.
- To ensure that the investments made in course development, additional staff and the new teaching and learning IT platform succeed at every level and provide an improved student learning experience and the introduction of more exciting and innovative teaching and learning techniques
- To ensure that the new technologies and teaching and learning methods developed for new courses are integrated into existing courses
- To place particular focus on course outcomes and employability
- To monitor the quality of student experience, teaching and learning and resources and continue to look for ways that these can be enhanced
- To make support and development opportunities for existing staff a priority and to continue to recruit, train and develop staff to meet the expectations of our students and validating bodies
- To continue to look for ways to improve communication with staff and students and to facilitate the sharing of ideas and techniques between courses
- To ensure that the business model is sustainably profitable while maintaining quality of provision and support services and providing genuine value for money in relation to course fees
- To take forward the planned refurbishment project to provide solutions to issues of space and to improve the quality of surroundings for students and staff.
- To complete planned product development
- To support the Home Office policy of attracting and welcoming the brightest and the best international students to come and study in Britain
- We are committed to operating with integrity and accountability
- We are creative, innovative and open minded
- We place our students at the heart of everything we do
- We recognise our staff are our greatest asset and are committed to building a positive team and a supportive environment
- We believe in equal opportunities for all
- We are fully committed to working with the wider community
- We promote the responsibilities that designers carry for the environment
- We are passionate about what we do and strive for excellence at all times
Our Mission Statement
To provide high quality, career-focused courses in interior and garden design, creative, cutting-edge teaching and learning methods and extensive student support. To give students a thorough understanding of the realities of design practice with tuition delivered by trained educators, practising professionals and industry experts and to develop the creative potential of all students, whatever their age or background and to give them every help and support to make the transition from course to workplace. KLC aims to secure its reputation as a leading design school and centre of teaching excellence by continuing to ensure that courses, onsite and online, are up to date, exciting and innovative.