KLC would like you to design a bedroom for a celebrity of your choosing. It is entirely up to you to then decide what they require within the space. It may help you to consider the following:-
- How would your celebrity use the space? What would they need in the morning? The evening?
- What are the personality traits of your celebrity? Are they introspective or brash? Extremely private or hungry for fame? Are they natural or do they hide behind a facade? Working out these traits can help you to decide what kind of look you would like to create for their bedroom. It is important to work to a client brief, rather than basing it on your personal likes and dislikes.
- Where is the bedroom? Is it in London? In Las Vegas? In the Australian outback? Does this influence the style of the design? Try to avoid creating an entirely themed space but look at mixing elements from the clients' personality, what they need and where they are based.
- Don't necessarily be influenced by where and how the client lives at the moment. They might not even necessarily like it! Consider how you can develop your design to suit the client. Don't worry if it's entirely different.
- Most importantly, don't hold back. KLC want to see your most creative ideas and why you are potentially a young designer of the future.