For the Full Time or Blended Learning Diploma Interior Design, KLC will require those students who have been provisionally accepted onto the course without a degree qualification to complete this online preparatory course prior to the start of their programme of study. However, many students who do already have a degree qualification will also find this course very beneficial for refreshing academic skills.
For the BA (Hons) course some external applicants may also be required to complete the Preparatory course.
The syllabus will cover the following and will be delivered through online lectures:
- Research and recording information
- Accessing creativity, mind mapping and lateral thinking
- Critical thinking, critical analysis and critical writing
- Structuring an essay, recognising and reflecting on different points of view, developing an argument, communicating ideas effectively
- MLA referencing
- Time management and self-motivation
- Making use of facilities (museums, galleries and libraries)
Should any section of the preparatory course work not meet the necessary standard, candidates would be required to re-submit.