Foundation Degree Interior Design
Foundation (FdA) and BA (Hons) Degree
KLC’s Foundation degree in Interior Design is a vocational higher education qualification, which equates to the first two years of a Bachelor’s Degree. This course is a qualification in its own right and covers the levels of study known as level 4 (year one) and level 5 (year two).
Once you complete your Foundation Degree with us, you can choose to continue at KLC onto the Top-up BA (Hons) degree to gain a full Bachelor’s award in Interior Design (known as level 6). Both the FdA and BA Hons are fully validated by the University of Brighton.
The UCAS code for FdA Interior Design Full-time is H0M3 and for the BA Hons Interior Design 2W50.
Meet the Course Leader, Rachael White, BA (Hons), KLC Dip
My creative career started in TV Production, being part of the original Big Brother team before retraining in Interior Design at KLC in 2004, successfully graduating winning the BIID Award for Creativity and Communication. After several years in high-end residential design studios and my own company, I returned to KLC in 2010 as a tutor. In 2016 I became Course Leader for the newly launched full time Foundation Degree in Interior Design and am currently studying for my PGCert.
I am incredibly passionate about creativity and love introducing students and staff to inspirational things through the history of design and style. I also present on many design subjects at industry events on behalf of KLC. KLC School of Design
6 reasons why you should apply
- This course focuses on preparing you for employment within the Interior Design industry, so you can expect more vocational workshops and 1-2-1 sessions with tutors than a standard university degree course.
- No spending time nodding off in a large University lecture hall – informative seminars are given as homework to maximise your workshop time. This course requires a lot of attendance in our interior design studios and has been intentionally formulated to spark imagination, encourage debate and ignite curiosity.
- Design theory and skills are imparted through active learning experiences, such as hands-on workshops, project work, inspirational visits, group discussions and crits.
- Continuing your studies into the third year and achieving the BA (Hons) qualification is a great way to expand your commercial career opportunities and critical thinking. Studying on this course offers a genuinely collaborative learning experience with practising members of the design industry, utilizing KLC’s invaluable industry links.
- KLC aims for all students to enter a practice and truly understand the working process. They won’t feel like there’s anything they’ve not tackled, even going to building sites and dealing with electricians and plumbers. You will be prepared both academically and practically to enter the work place as soon as you graduate.
- Our renowned careers and welfare teams are very hands-on and provide support during your studies and help launch your career as you enter employment.