Interior Design Degree
Foundation (FdA) and BA (Hons) Degree
KLC’s Foundation Degree in Interior Design is a vocational higher education qualification, which equates to the first two years of a Bachelor’s Degree. This course is a qualification in its own right and covers the levels of study known as level 4 (year one) and level 5 (year two).
Once you complete your Foundation Degree with us, you can choose to continue at KLC onto the BA (Hons) Interior Design Top up to gain a full Bachelor’s award in Interior Design (known as level 6). Having a fully-accredited BA (Hons) Degree will greatly assist students with their future career in Interior Design. They can start their own business or join a design or architectural practice as a qualified Interior Designer.
KLC successful Diploma students are offered a guaranteed route onto the BA (Hons) Interior Design Top up. Direct entry onto this course from students who have studied elsewhere is also welcome. Please see entry requirements for this course.
Both the FdA and BA (Hons) are fully validated by the University of Brighton.
The UCAS code for both the FdA Interior Design (Online) and for the BA (Hons) Interior Design 2W50.
Foundation Degree Interior Design (Online)
The three-year and one term Online Foundation Degree Interior Design course is appropriate for school leavers and anyone considering a career change without a lot of spare time who want to achieve a validated qualification over a defined longer period.
KLC has always been at the forefront of innovating digital and online teaching methods and has been providing online courses for over 15 years. Recently, KLC won two accolades at the 2017 Independent Higher Education Awards for ‘Innovation in Digital Teaching and Learning’ and ‘Breakthrough in Course Design and Delivery’.
Course overview video
5 reasons why you should apply
- Students join a cohort of fellow students from all over the world working on the same projects at the same time. Everyone gets equal 1-2-1 time with their dedicated tutor - no matter where they are nationally or internationally. Unusually for an online course there is a lot of interaction between fellow students and with the tutor team which is the core strength of the programme.
- Studying on this course offers a genuinely collaborative learning experience with practising members of the design industry, utilising KLC’s invaluable industry links.
- As the course progresses, the project work moves from residential design to more complex commercial designs and work is submitted and assessed mostly via KLC’s state of the art Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) in conjunction with some physical submission of work.
- Continuing your studies into the fourth and fifth year to achieve the BA (Hons) qualification is a great way to expand your critical thinking and commercial career opportunities.
- KLC aims for all students to enter a practice and truly understand the working process. They won’t feel like there’s anything they’ve not tackled, even going to building sites and dealing with electricians and plumbers. You will be prepared both academically and practically to enter the work place as soon as you graduate.
"Well done for picking such great team; everyone works extremely hard to help us and inspire us ready for the future. I only wish I had started years ago!"
Sam Duckworth, Student
Please see the Level 6, BA (Hons) Interior Design Top up for details of the optional fourth year of study that will complete your Interior Design Degree.
Join us at our next open day and speak with course advisors, course leaders and alumni. Have all your questions answered and find out which course is best suited to you.
- Regular, live interaction with tutors and fellow students
- Study from anywhere in the world
- Innovative online study resources
- Structured part-time study designed for success
020 7376 3377