Foundation Degree Interior Design
Foundation (FdA) and BA (Hons) Degree
KLC’s Foundation degree in Interior Design is a vocational higher education qualification, which equates to the first two years of a Bachelor’s Degree. This course is a qualification in its own right and covers the levels of study known as level 4 (year one) and level 5 (year two).
Once you complete your Foundation Degree with us, you can choose to continue at KLC onto the Top-up BA (Hons) Degree to gain a full Bachelor’s award in Interior Design (known as level 6). Both the FdA and BA (Hons) are fully validated by the University of Brighton.
The UCAS code for FdA Interior Design (Online) is 22W5 and for the BA (Hons) Interior Design 2W50.
Course overview with Course Leader, Marianna Velissaropoulou
6 reasons why you should apply
- Unlike other online courses the KLC FdA in interior design is a structured part-time course over 4 years and two terms - perfect for those without a lot of spare time who want to achieve a validated qualification over a defined longer period.
- Students join a cohort of fellow students from all over the world working on the same projects at the same time. Everyone gets equal 1-2-1 time with their dedicated tutor - no matter where they are nationally or internationally. Unusually for an online course there is a lot of interaction between fellow students and with the tutor team which is a core strength of the programme.
- Studying on this course offers a genuinely collaborative learning experience with practising members of the design industry, utilising KLC’s invaluable industry links.
- As the course progresses, the project work moves from residential design to more complex commercial designs and work is submitted and assessed mostly via KLC’s state of the art Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) in conjunction with some physical submission of work.
- Continuing your studies into the fourth and fifth year to achieve the BA (Hons) qualification is a great way to expand your commercial career opportunities and critical thinking.
- KLC aims for all students to enter a practice and truly understand the working process. They won’t feel like there’s anything they’ve not tackled, even going to building sites and dealing with electricians and plumbers. You will be prepared both academically and practically to enter the work place as soon as you graduate.
"Well done for picking such great team; everyone works extremely hard to help us and inspire us ready for the future. I only wish I had started years ago!"
Sam Duckworth, Student
- Regular, live interaction with tutors and fellow students
- Study from anywhere in the world
- Innovative online study resources
- Structured part-time study designed for success
020 7376 3377