Introduction to CAD Vectorworks
This three day course will introduce students to the core skills of the Vectorworks program. Strong emphasis is placed on best practices and approaches are derived from experience and working solutions. Step-by-step progress is made under the close supervision of KLC tutors.
This course is open to applicants with an understanding of technical drawing skills and confident computer skills. All computer aided design courses are taught on PC computers.
- Role of CAD / introduction to the Vectorworks software
- Setting up Workspace & Basic options
- Basic skills – drawing & selecting objects
- Editing skills – combining shapes, mirroring, rotating & grouping objects
- Working to scale, setting preferences & saving templates
- Drawing & moving objects accurately
- Further editing tools – fillet & offset
- Introduction to basic attributes & editing groups
- Duplicate arrays – linear, rectangular & circular
- Room plan graphics – walls, windows & doors
- Drawing up a room plan
- Further attributes including hatch, gradient & image fills
- Drawing elevations – methods & techniques
- Creating image fills for elevations
- Creating symbols & introduction to Resource Browser
- Organising the drawing using Design Layers
- Labelling the drawings & simple title block text
- Converting drawings into PDFs
Refreshments and a delicious light lunch will be provided on the first day of the course.
Receive 10% discount when you book Vectorworks Beginners and Vectorworks Intermediate together. Quote CAD10