Comprehensive introduction to SketchUp
SketchUp is a very powerful yet intuitive package. From conceptual sketching to video animation, it allows three dimensional modelling that is fast and accurate. It comes as near as possible to drawing on a piece of paper with the added features of computer technology.
SketchUp works with many file formats including AutoCAD files and 3D Studio and is quickly becoming an industry standard. Our course will lead you from its basic principles to the advanced digital techniques many designers are already enjoying.
Day one (Foundation)
- Program Overview, Interface and Settings
- Drawing Tools; Lines, Arcs, Circles, Polygons
- Basic Techniques, Inferring, Good SketchUp Habits, 2D/3D Environment, Navigating in Space
- Editing Tools: Move, PushPull, Follow Me, Offset
- Creating 3D Geometry and Manipulating Shapes
- Creating Arrays, Mirror Techniques
- Organizing the Model and Visual Settings
- Creating and Saving 3D Views, Camera Parameters
Day two (Advanced)
- Groups, Components, Outliner
- Reference Tools: Tape Measure, Protractor
- Using Components to Model
- Reference Tools: Dimensions, Axes, Text
- Editing Tools: Rotate, Scale, Section Cuts, Plugins, Utilities, Sandbox, Extending Sketchup
- Working with Autocad Files (dwg, dxf)
- Textures, Images and Rendering Modes
- Printing and Output Options, Animations
Refreshments and a delicious light lunch will be provided on the first day of the course.