Experience Life at KLC
Get a flavour of what it's like to study on a KLC qualification course
This hugely enjoyable day will involve a mixture of practical and theory based exercises**. It has been designed to give you an insight into what is involved on our courses and experience first-hand our fun, creative and professional approach to teaching. *This course is free to anyone who books and attends an Interview for either the Diploma, Foundation degree or BA Hons courses.
The day focuses on:
- Everyone is creative: using images, we will guide you through the basic principles of the creativity, beginning with concepts as part of the Design Process
- Review of colour theory and opportunities to explore what colour means to you.
- Using colour combinations and colour values, experiment with observation and perception of colours
- Discuss a current design topic
- In teams, research the topic of the day, present findings, discuss, summarise and conclude.
Working from briefs, the day encourages you to take part and work towards a concept for a design. You will develop ideas and there will be time for critique and evaluation at the end of session, where you can see how others have tackled the brief. This is exactly the same process by which one creates concepts to support designs.
You will explore colour through a series of exercises, take part in a debate on a current design topic, and take a short tour of the Design Centre. Whilst we cannot cover every aspect of design within a day, we hope this experience will inspire you to want to learn more within the KLC environment!
There will be an opportunity to meet a member of the KLC Careers Service and tutors from Certificate, Diploma, Foundation Degree and BA (Hons) in order to discuss the course. If you are interested in one of our online courses, you will be given a short demonstration of the system and observe online course delivery.
On the day, please can you bring with you one abstract image (not an image of an interior), either as a photograph, torn from a magazine, a flyer, or a postcard which could be a landscape, urban image, people, food etc. Don’t think too much about it, just select something that comes to hand.)