Power of Colour 3 Days
An intensive and inspirational 3 day course presenting colour from a new perspective
KLC’s intensive and innovative 3-day workshop on colour is an opportunity to revisit and creatively engage with the syllabus of our hugely successful online FutureLearn course The Power of Colour. However it is a stand-alone course for anyone wishing to gain a better understanding of this fascinating subject and to use colour more confidently and effectively.
Based at our centrally located studios in London, the course is a highly enjoyable and inspirational mix of lectures and hands-on, creative experimentation.
Each day will be varied, moving from inspirational lectures to creative workshops where theories will be tested through practical application.
See colour from a new perspective. It’s obvious when you think about it: by understanding the mechanism of colour vision, colour theory itself makes more sense.
What impact does a colour scheme have on your eyes?
Why does this affect how you feel about colour?
How can you use this knowledge to inspire colour experimentation?
What are the basics of colour theory?
How can colour theory be applied in more nuanced and sophisticated ways?
Taking a very different approach, the course considers:
- Physics and Physiology – how colour travels as light, and how this colour information is interpreted by the eye
- Illusion and Contrast – how the physiology of the eye responds to colour in unexpected and exploitable ways
- Colour Theory in Context – the connections between the physical experience of colour and established theories of colour combining
- Colour Theory – including historical provenance, the colour wheel, colour terminology, colour harmonies, use of accent colour, colour saturation and modification
- Colour Psychology – theories of the emotional impact of colour
- Colour and Culture – the relevance and significance of local colour associations
- Inspirational Colour – instinctive responses to colour and the creation of original palettes of colour, finding and using abstract motivations
- Future Colour – colour trend forecasting
Refreshments and a delicious light lunch will be provided on the first day of the course.