Designing for Children and Teenagers
Learn about interior design with the very particular needs and requirements of children and teenagers in mind.
Are you planning a nursery? Is it nearly time to overhaul your son or daughter’s bedroom or playroom? How can you help your child to express themselves creatively within their own space, and enjoy living with the consequences well into the future?
This one-day workshop will help the family work together to define a new look for children’s rooms, to source appropriate materials and products, to improve the quality of sleep, and to plan space and meet the practical requirements of the brief.
- Defining the brief and setting the scene
- Creating mood and expressing personality
- Space planning and future-proofing
- Self-expression through colour and pattern
- Specifying storage, materials and furniture.
- Understand stages of childhood development
- Learn how to express mood and personality through the application of colour and pattern
- Plan practical spatial solutions that flex as children grow
- Consider sleep and the design decisions that can help improve sleep quality
- Find out about specialist suppliers, products and materials
- Be inspired by tips and tricks recommended by professional designers.
Refreshments and a delicious light lunch will be provided on the first day of the course.