Sourcing and Styling Art for Interiors
A one-day course for anyone wishing to learn top tips from experts and gain insider knowledge of how to source, hang and style art in contemporary interiors.
"Sourcing and Styling Art for Interiors” is a one-day course for anyone wishing to learn top tips from experts and gain insider knowledge of how to source, hang and style art in contemporary interiors. On the course you will explore inspirational ideas from leading stylist Judith Wilson; learn how to source art from a leading art consultant; learn how to professionally arrange and hang art; visit in-demand artist; and visit local art galleries to learn how they work with designers and buyers.,
- Inspirational ideas for styling interiors with art
- Sourcing art for interiors and working with an art consultant
- How to arrange and hang art like a professional – top tips
- Ask the artist – visit a working artist in their studio to learn about the commissioning process
- Art gallery visits – learn how art galleries find and promote artists and work with buyers and designers.
- Learn how to group, arrange and hang artwork to its best advantage, including how to arrange collections
- Learn where to find unique, original art for any budget
- Understand how an art consultant can help you bring style and character to your home through their extensive knowledge of art and their access to many artists
- Demystify how to approach and work with an artist on a commissioned piece specifically created for your home
- Discover how art galleries can help you find new art and help you create personal collections over time.
Refreshments and a delicious light lunch will be provided on the first day of the course.
For over 20 years, Judith Wilson has forged a successful freelance writing career, with features on beautiful homes and interiors widely published in national and international magazines including House & Garden, Homes & Gardens, Livingetc, Country Homes & Interiors, The English Home and The Evening Standard.
Her best-selling books on interiors have appeared in numerous editions across Europe and the USA. An accomplished speaker, Judith lectures regularly on styling for the British Institute of Interior Design (BIID), the Design Centre Chelsea Harbour, and KLC School of Design.
Adrienne Chinn runs an award-winning interior design practice in London, specialising in residential interiors, which she established in 1999 after graduating from the KLC professional diploma course. She has worked on properties throughout the UK, Switzerland, Morocco, Grenada and Canada. S
he has spoken on interior design at conferences and design shows in the UK, Moscow, Kazakhstan and Japan. She also writes and broadcasts on the subject, leads design retreats to Marrakech, and develops and leads short courses for KLC.