Interior Styling for Beginners
Reinforce a visual message by dressing a space, carefully editing and curating a sympathetic collection of decorative objects and arranging these to create scenes within the room.
This introductory course addresses interior styling from first principles, whether your interest is presenting your own home to best effect, dressing a space for a photoshoot, home-staging, creating visual presentation materials for architecture or interior design practice, or preparing a turnkey project for handover to a client.
- The role of the stylist
- Determining a brief
- Creating mood
- Display – collections, setting scenes, arrangement
- Sourcing objects and materials
- Tips from the professionals
- Learn to look critically at arrangements and composition
- Understand how to take a strategic approach to styling interiors
- Gain inspiration for interior design styling projects
- Understand how to create visual impact and mood within an interior space.
Refreshments and a delicious light lunch will be provided.