Styling Interiors with Flowers and Plants
A one day course for interior designers, interior design students and home owners wishing to learn top tips for bringing flowers and plants into interiors.
"Styling Interiors with Flowers and Plants" is a one day beginners' course for interior designers, interior design students and home owners wishing to learn top tips for bringing flowers and plants into interiors. On the course you will explore inspirational ideas; using flowers in simple as well as classic arrangements; using house plants successfully; sourcing flowers, plants and materials; conditioning flowers for interior use; using different containers; and exploring different colour combinations. Students will also have the opportunity to create a professional hand-tied bouquet and a container arrangement, led by floral designer Georgia Miles.
- Inspirational ideas
- The appeal of simple floral arrangements
- Where and when to use classic floral arrangements
- Which plant where? Using houseplants successfully
- Vases and other containers
- Sourcing flowers, plants and materials
- How to condition flowers for longevity
- How to create a hand-tied bouquet
- How to create a container flower arrangement.
- Discover where professional florists source flowers and plants at competitive prices
- Come away with practical and inspirational examples of how to integrate seasonal flowers and house plants into your home, and how these can become key elements in creating a specific mood in your interior
- Learn tips on how to combine colour combinations for different floral effects, from monochromatic arrangements to multi-coloured
- Understand how house plants aid the air quality in your home, bring outside greenery into the interior, and can also act as sculptural focal points in interior spaces
- Gain confidence using flowers and plants creatively in your home
- Learn how your choice of vases and containers can alter the look of an arrangement
- Explore and learn in a hands-on workshop how professional florists and floral designers create unique floral displays.
Georgia Miles is the founder of The Sussex Flower School. After a degree in Art History from Edinburgh University, she trained in floristry, gaining her Higher Diploma in Floristry. She ran her own successful wedding floristry business for several years before concentrating on teaching. She is a specialist in historical floral design and has also taught on the National Certificate Levels 2, 3 and 4. Her vision is simple- make floral design accessible to everybody whatever their skills, background or motivation.
Adrienne Chinn runs an award-winning interior design practice in London, specialising in residential interiors, which she established in 1999 after graduating from the KLC professional diploma course. She has worked on properties throughout the UK, Switzerland, Morocco, Grenada and Canada.
She has spoken on interior design at conferences and design shows in the UK, Moscow, Kazakhstan and Japan. She also writes and broadcasts on the subject, leads design retreats to Marrakech, and develops and leads short courses for KLC.