Styling the Outdoor Space for Interior Designers
Create a seemless transition between interior and adjoining outdoor spaces
Styling the Outdoor Space for Interior Designers is a one day beginners' course for interior designers and interior design students wishing to expand design concepts into neighbouring outdoor spaces. On the course you will explore space planning and zoning, lighting, furniture, using colour harmonies – everything you need to know to create an “outside room”. Simple pot planting and maintenance of container planting on balconies, front doors porches, windows and patios will also be covered.
- Zoning and space planning the outdoor space (play areas, entertaining areas, relaxing areas, secluded seating)
- Hard materials to consider for patios to link to the interior
- Using colour harmonies which link with your interior
- Sourcing furniture and lighting, and considering storage
- An introduction to container planting and maintenance
- Recommended planting combinations for pots through the seasons
- How to work with garden designers and lighting designers.
- Understanding the process to creating outdoor areas through zoning and space planning
- Understanding how to use the Colour Wheel and hard materials to link the outside space with the interior
- Learning where to sourcing furniture, lighting and accessories
- Learning about plants suitable for containers through the seasons
- Gain inspiration and confidence in recommending and maintaining container plants
- Learning how to work with other professionals like garden designers and lighting designers.