The Interior Design Course - Level 1 (Full-time)
Learn the essential elements of designing for residential interiors.
The Interior Design Course - Level 1 focuses on the fundamentals of designing for residential interiors, covering subjects such as the design process, colour, using fabrics and trimmings, lighting, space planning to scale, soft furnishings, developing a concept, sourcing, sample boards and managing a residential project. The course culminates in producing a professional quality concept board and sample board for a room in your own home or for a KLC-provided client.
- The Design Process
- Colour for Interiors
- Developing a Design Concept
- Textiles & Trimmings
- Soft Furnishings
- Developing a Scheme & Sourcing
- Creating a Sample Board
- Space Planning to Scale
- Managing a Residential Project.
- To learn about fundamental areas of interior design and decoration
- To develop ideas and skills for personal design projects and build confidence to tackle your own projects
- Inspire creative experimentation
- Experience a social learning environment and expand understanding as a result of collaboration with peers
- Explore creativity and enhance your graphic and presentation skills
- Act as a stepping stone to further interior design training.
You can further expand on the subjects covered in The Interior Design Course - Level 1 by enrolling in The Interior Design Course - Level 2, where subjects include kitchen and bathroom design, styling for interiors, specifying storage, upholstery, working with antiques and vintage, designing for children and teenagers, up cycling, paints and wall coverings, flooring and tiles, and commissioning specialist trades. The two courses are designed to provide a comprehensive overview of interior design, giving students the tools to plan simple room layouts to scale, create cohesive room and lighting schemes, and communicate their ideas in a creative and design-led way.
Refreshments and a delicious light lunch will be provided on the last day of the course.
Join us at our next open day and speak with course advisors, course leaders and alumni. Have all your questions answered and find out which course is best suited to you.