The Interior Design Course - Level 2 (Part-time)
Learn specialist areas of bathroom and kitchen design, interior styling and materials
The Interior Design Course - Level 2 builds upon the prerequisite subjects covered in The Interior Design Course - Level 1 (or equivalent introductory course that also covers the basics of: Space Planning, Lighting, Colour and Concepts).
Level 2 focuses on specialist areas of practice such as interior styling, kitchen and bathroom design, storage, upholstery, designing for children and teenagers, working with antiques and vintage, upcycling, flooring, paints and wallcoverings, and commissioning specialist trades. The course culminates in producing a professional furniture and style board or booklet for a room in your own home or for a KLC-provided client.
- Further develop ideas for personal design projects and build confidence to tackle your own projects
- Learn about specialist areas of interior design and decoration
- Inspire creative experimentation
- Experience a social learning environment and expand understanding as a result of collaboration with peers
- Explore creativity and enhance your graphic and presentation skills
- Act as a stepping stone to further interior design training.
- Mixing Vintage & Antiques in Contemporary Interiors
- Up cycling & Recycling for Interiors
- Creative Upholstery
- Specifying Storage and Saving Space
- Floor Coverings & Tiles
- Designing for Children & Teenagers
- Styling for Interiors
- Bathroom Design
- Kitchen Design
- Paints, Specialist Finishes and Wall coverings.
Refreshments and a delicious light lunch will be provided on the last day of the course.