Mission and Strategy
At KLC we put our students at the heart of everything we do. Our culture of caring is applied not only to how we teach but how we address urgent issues that affect us all, encouraging students to reflect on how they as designers can impact the environment, communities and each other.
Our courses are innovative but career focused and firmly grounded within the industry although the realities of practice are never at the cost of cultivating our students’ creativity.
We promote collaboration, experimentation and fearless exploration to the point that our graduates become sought after employees and professional designers who will continue to push the industry forward in the ever-changing professional landscape. Our strong relationships with graduates and industry allows for reciprocal support for our students and our graduates throughout the lifespan of their career
- To closely monitor the quality of the student experience, teaching and learning and resources and to continually look for ways these can be enhanced
- To develop the new KLC Connect initiative, fostering ever stronger links between students and the design community with the support of industry and alumni representatives, and build up relationships with the wider community, particularly through community-based projects (See KLC's Widening Access and Participation Statement)
- To focus on student learning outcomes, graduate employability and to enhance the KLC provision of careers support nationally and internationally
- To ensure that course programme content and outcomes are up to date with the latest trends and design practice, to research new areas of development and provide innovation in delivery
- To make support and development opportunities for staff a priority
- To ensure that the educational business model is sustainable while maintaining the quality of the provision and support services and providing genuine value for money for course fees and student investment of time
- To look for ways of providing affordable, flexible study routes to increase access and participation and to support the Design Changes Lives Foundation in its activities
- To further expand student recruitment and increase the ratio of international students with diverse cultural influences studying at the School
- To ensure that the School maximises and continues to capitalise on the added value offered as distinct from other independent and university courses: location, industry contacts, careers service, quality and volume of teaching, and exceptionally high levels of student support.
For more information view our Strategies 2020-2025 and financial statements section