KLC is committed to encouraging and supporting design talent and widening access to the School and offers assistance to students who need financial help through a number of different schemes
Additional Bursaries for January 2019 start dates ONLY
KLC has been gifted funding from our Alumni for several new Bursaries for both the Diploma HE (Full Time) and the Certificate (Full Time or Part Time) courses commencing this January 2019, each valued at £5,000. We are now taking applications on a first come first served basis for suitable applicants who qualify for financial assistance.
To apply please complete the KLC Bursary and Scholarship form below.
The deadline for the additional Bursary applications is 30 November 2018.
Design Changes Lives Foundation Bursaries
The Design Changes Lives Foundation Bursaries are dedicated to helping individuals develop their creative potential through giving them the skills and confidence in design communication to articulate their ideas and share them with others to enable them to launch a design career. Students who require visa sponsorship to study at KLC will not be eligible for this.
Each Bursary is of £5,000 and is available to top up the fees for any KLC courses for students, who meet our entry requirements, but are unable to afford the full amount.
The KLC Bursary is open to any courses costing over £5000.
The KLC annual Scholarship is designed to support students with outstanding creative potential and academic ability to enable them to enter design education. The Scholarship awarded is up to the full value of a KLC course fee and is available for students, who meet our entry requirements, but would otherwise be unable to afford the course fees. Students who require visa sponsorship to study at KLC will not be eligible for this.
KLC Scholarships are open to the following courses:
Diploma HE Interior Design (Full Time and Part Time)
Interior Design Foundation Degree (Full Time only)
For Scholarship Applications:
To be considered for a KLC Scholarship, please submit the following documents:
- Your completed Application Form
- Your completed Creative Exercise
- Examples of artwork that demonstrate your creative ability.
For Bursary Applications
To be considered for a KLC Bursary please submit the following documents:
- Your completed Application Form
- A covering letter/email including a Statement on why you believe you would benefit from a Bursary Award (please note that Bursaries are available for students new to KLC and current students wishing to progress further with their studies)
- If applicable for progression, a reference from your current Course Leader supporting your application.
- Your completed financial information
- Your completed Creative Exercise
Applicants will also need to provide information to demonstrate financial need and to attend an interview at KLC School of Design.
The deadline for Scholarship and Bursary applications is 1 June 2019. All Applications will be for courses starting in 2019. All cases will be considered on individual merit and we will let you know if your application has been successful. However, we are unable to give feedback on applications and once a decision has been taken by the Scholarship and Bursary Panel we regret that we are unable to enter into further correspondence.
Additional Information: Bursary and scholarships are open to UK residents only. Bursary and Scholarship students will be expected to take a leading role in the KLC Connect project linking students and industry contacts which allows them to build excellent networks. They may also be asked to support KLC's marketing materials such as the prospectus or by taking part in interviews for the website
Student Loan Funding with Higher Education Funding Council England (HEFCE)
- Foundation Degree Interior Design (Full Time and Online Structured)
- Diploma HE Interior Design (Full Time and Part Time)
- BA (Hons) Interior Design (Full Time and Online Structured)
For students to be eligible for SLC funding, they must be studying a designated course. Courses are KLC are designated each year by the Department for Education. Please note that there are a limited number of funds available for 2018 so please make your application as soon as possible
Download your quick guide for Student Finance England here: www.practitioners.slc.co.uk
How to apply for Student Finance:
- To make your application, please visit the Student Finance website
- Our UK Provider number is 10008325
- Set up a Student Finance online account
- Student Finance will send a notification to confirm that your registration is successful. The information will include your Customer Reference Number (CRN). Please make sure that you save your CRN as you will need this if you have to contact Student Finance
- Online application is the quickest and easiest way to apply but if you are unable to apply online, you can make a paper application, this can be downloaded from Student Finance England's website
- If needed, you will be asked to provide proof of identity and details of household income or get your parents (or partner) to support your application
- Once all your application has been finalised, you will get a loan declaration in the post which you then need to sign and return to Student Finance
- Online application is not available to EU applicants. To make our application, download an application pack using the form finder to get the forms you need.
- To check if you qualify for a student loan, click here
Professional and Career Development Loan
The Professional and Career Development Loan is a commercial bank loan that you can use to help pay for work related learning. You can therefore borrow between £300 and £10,000 for one of KLC's career change courses to help support the cost of up to two years of learning.
The Government will pay the interest on the loan while you are learning and for one month afterwards. You will then need to start repaying the loan as you would any other commercial loan product. As the Professional and Career Development Loan is a commercial loan product, you should make sure you have investigated all the funding options that may be open to you to ensure you take an informed decision about whether the loan is right for you
For further information on financial assistance to support your learning, please visit the Professional and Career Development Loan website or contact the National Careers Service on 0800 100 900. Our learning provider identification number is: 1947
KLC offers instalment schemes for the payment of tuition fees for some courses to allow students to spread the cost of a course over a certain period of time. The payment plan is open to all applicants, except for students on courses for which fees are payable via monthly direct debit where a UK bank account is required
Please refer to specific course information pages for details of instalment payment plans available. If you are unsure whether the instalment scheme is applicable to your chosen course, please contact our Registrars on 020 7376 3377 or at email@example.com