KLC Alumni of the month - Clare Gaskin
We are delighted to share that our October Alumni of the Month is the talented Clare Gaskin. Founder of Clare Gaskin Interiors.
If you dont already know Clare from her incredible interior projects, numerous press articles and her incredible list of awards, then here is a bit about Clare and her business.
Clare Gaskin is a residential interior designer based in south west London. Founding Clare Gaskin Interiors in 2009, the majority of their work comes from referrals. Clare works in London, the home counties and occasionally further afield. Following her career at Sotheby’s Clare was lucky to be able to secure three work experience placements at leading design companies in London. A Full Time Certificate Interior Design course at KLC followed in 2009 which immediately lead to Clare being hired to work on a renovation project in Belgravia. Since then Clare has worked on amazing projects, including family homes in Hertfordshire and Richmond, a bachelor pad in Mayfair and property dedicated to teenage fun in Surrey. Gaining a reputation for designing beautiful, family friendly, inventive and practical homes which have received significant recognition from the design world.
Keeping her studio small ensures Clare can oversee the design of each project, supported by a team who assist with drawings, sourcing and project co-ordination. Clare Gaskin Interiors do not work to one design aesthetic, but take influence from those who will be living in the space, coupled with the characteristics and requirements of the building. Clare’s aim is that the homes she delivers have more longevity than what’s in fashion and that the homes created are unique and personal to her clients.
“She sees opportunities and solutions where I only saw challenges, and took our poorly articulated vision and created a chic yet comfortable family home. More than that, she considered details which would never have crossed our minds... She's fastidious, lovely to work with, and worked perfectly within our budget” A Happy Client
Not only has Clare set up a successful interior design business, she has been the winner of a number of industry awards and has had a number of incredible shortlistings too.
The list of awards Clare has won and been shortlisted for are:
• Finalist SOCIETY OF BRITISH INTERNATIONAL DESIGN AWARDS 2020 – RESIDENTIAL APARTMENT UNDER £1M
• BEST OF HOUZZ 2020 FOR DESIGN
• BEST OF HOUZZ 2020 FOR SERVICE
• Finalist SOCIETY OF BRITISH INTERNATIONAL DESIGN AWARDS 2019 – KITCHEN, BATHROOM & BEDROOM
• Finalist INTERNATIONAL DESIGN & ARCHITECTURE AWARDS 2019 – BEST BATHROOM
• Finalist INTERNATIONAL DESIGN & ARCHITECTURE AWARDS DESIGNER OF THE DECADE
• BEST OF HOUZZ 2019 FOR DESIGN
• Winner INTERNATIONAL DESIGN & ARCHITECTURE AWARDS 2018 – BEST INTERIOR DESIGN SCHEME EUROPE
• SELECTED AS DESIGNER FOR DREAMHOUZZ 2018
• Finalist SOCIETY OF BRITISH INTERNATIONAL DESIGN AWARDS 2018 – RESIDENTIAL HOUSE UNDER £1M
• BEST INTERIOR DESIGN COMPANY 2018 – SOUTH WEST LONDON
• BEST OF HOUZZ 2018 FOR SERVICE
• DESIGN FX AWARD 2017 – PROJECT OF THE YEAR FINALIST
• Finalist SOCIETY OF BRITISH INTERNATIONAL DESIGN AWARDS 2017 – RESIDENTIAL HOUSE UNDER £1M
• Finalist INTERNATIONAL DESIGN & ARCHITECTURE AWARDS 2017 – LIVING SPACE GLOBAL
• Finalist INTERNATIONAL DESIGN & ARCHITECTURE AWARDS 2017 – INTERIOR DESIGN SCHEME UK
• Finalist INTERNATIONAL DESIGN & ARCHITECTURE AWARDS 2017 – INTERIOR DESIGN SCHEME EUROPE
• BEST OF HOUZZ 2016 FOR DESIGN
• BEST OF HOUZZ 2016 FOR SERVICE
We hope you feel inspired by this wonderfully talented KLC Alumni. To continue following Clare on her design journey, follow her on instagram @claregaskininteriors and view her website here!