Comprehensive introduction to SketchUp.
- Choose question
SketchUp is a very powerful yet intuitive package. From conceptual sketching to video animation, it allows three dimensional modelling that is fast and accurate. It comes as near as possible to drawing on a piece of paper with the added features of computer technology.
SketchUp works with many file formats including AutoCAD files and 3D Studio and is quickly becoming an industry standard. Our course will lead you from its basic principles to the advanced digital techniques many designers are already enjoying.
Day one (Foundation)
- Program Overview, Interface and Settings
- Settings PC vs MAC
- Basic Techniques, Inferring, Good Sketch Up Habits, 2D/3D Environment, Navigating in Space
- Edit Menu and Large Tool Set
- Drawing a 2D plan from a survey
- Drawing a 2D plan re-tracing a JPG
- Push/Pull Tool : creating a 3D model from a 2D plan
- Creating openings ( doors and windows ) using Tape Measure
- Tool for creating Guidelines
- Warehouse : importing furniture into your model
- Locating furniture into your model : Scale - Rotate - Move
- Rendering your model importing Sketch Up default materials and textures
- Paint Bucket Tool.
Day two (Intermediate)
- Groups, Components, Outliner
- Customising furniture imported from 3D Warehouse
- Customising your model: importing clients fabrics and wallpapers
- Creating skirting boards and cornices using Follow Me Tool
- Reference Tools: Dimensions, Axes, Text
- Printing and Output Options.
Day three (Intermediate)
- Setting up a presentation - Step 1: Saving Views
- Setting up a presentation - Step 2 : Styles
- Setting up a presentation - Step 3 : Creating an animation/video
- Creating sections: Section Plane
- Improving your rendering : quick introduction to Twilight a free plug in for turning Sketch Up views into photo-realistic images.
Course Tutor Information
Gianfrancesco De Falco holds a Masters Degree in Architecture from the University of Naples in Italy and is currently working as an Interior and Product Designer in London. He is ARB registered and he holds a Teaching Qualification in Italy and England. He grew up professionally between Italy, Spain and England, successfully performing in different roles for the Interior Design industry.
Since he moved to London, he has opened his own Design studio primarily focused on residential projects and product design. Gianfrancesco currently teaches a variety of Interior Design related Short Courses at UAL - Chelsea College of Arts and at KLC School of Design.
All materials for this course are included in the course fee including refreshments and a delicious light lunch will be provided on the first day of the course.
Details for Booking
|Date||Day of week||Time||Duration||Cost||Location||Action|
|Monday to Wednesday||10.00am - 4.00pm||Three days||£715||Chelsea Harbour|