Designing Interiors for Children and Teenagers
Learn about interior design with the very particular needs and requirements of children and teenagers in mind.
Are you planning a nursery? Is it nearly time to overhaul your son or daughter’s bedroom or playroom? How can you help your child to express themselves creatively within their own space, and enjoy living with the consequences well into the future?
This one-day workshop will help the family work together to define a new look for children’s rooms, to source appropriate materials and products, to improve the quality of sleep, and to plan space and meet the practical requirements of the brief.
- Defining the brief and setting the scene
- Creating mood and expressing personality
- Space planning and future-proofing
- Self-expression through colour and pattern
- Specifying storage, materials and furniture.
- Understand stages of childhood development
- Learn how to express mood and personality through the application of colour and pattern
- Plan practical spatial solutions that flex as children grow
- Consider sleep and the design decisions that can help improve sleep quality
- Find out about specialist suppliers, products and materials
- Be inspired by tips and tricks recommended by professional designers.
- All materials for this course are included in the course fee
- Breakfast refreshments and a delicious light lunch will be provided. While a vegetarian option is made available, we are unable to cater to specific food intolerances or food allergies.
Course Tutor Information:
Liz Holohan has been involved in the interior design industry for over two decades.
Her interior design training commenced in New York at the New York School of Interior Design and later, Liz graduated from the Full Time Diploma Course at KLC. An opportunity to expand on and share her knowledge, led Liz to become a regular lecturer at KLC where she worked on a part time basis for the past 17 years developing and delivering courses at the school.
Over the past twenty years, Liz has built up and run a successful residential design practice, working in London, the Home Counties and East Anglia. More recently Liz has become involved in property development both on the letting and renovation side of the business.
Suitable for complete beginners and design enthusiasts
SAVE 10% off ALL KLC Short Courses with promo code: SC104. Offer ends 30/04/2020
Details for Booking
|Date||Day of week||Time||Duration||Cost||Location||Action|
|Tuesday||10.00 - 16.00||1 day||£190||Chelsea Harbour - SW10 0XF|
|Wednesday||10.00 - 16.00||1 day||£190||Chelsea Harbour - SW10 0XF|
|Saturday||10.00 - 16.00||1 day||£190||Chelsea Harbour - SW10 0XF|