Learn about spatial planning, colour, decorative schemes, materials and mood boards. This 5-day course is a busy mix of informative and inspirational lectures, and creative and immersive practical workshops.
The design project that weaves through this course concludes with the creation of a mood board displaying the original decorative scheme you have selected with a specific client in mind.
Topics being covered:
- The life of an Interior Designer
- The Design Process
- Concept and creating mood
- Planning and dividing space
- Developing a decorative scheme
- Presentation boards.
- Learn about the role of the interior designer, and gain insight into a typical working day
- Understand the design process and how to logically respond to a client brief
- Find out about colour and colour theory, and how you can manipulate this to create a mood board
- Participate in a concept workshop and learn about abstract inspiration
- Learn how to translate your abstract mood inspiration into a real scheme of materials and colour
- Practice making presentation boards and learn about composition, graphic design and visual communication.
Refreshments and a delicious light lunch will be provided on the last day of the course.