Furniture Design School
This one-week course focuses on conceiving and resolving creative solutions for built-in furniture and bespoke cabinetry at an introductory level.
Celebrated product designer Federica Capitani introduces the design process as applied to the discipline of furniture design. This one-week course focuses on conceiving and resolving creative solutions for built-in furniture and bespoke cabinetry at an introductory level. Lectures and practical studio sessions will address concept, sketching, model-making, trouble-shooting, drawing and presenting finished designs. Learn from an expert with experience from industry's highest level.
- Researching and understanding the client's needs
- Originating new ideas and developing concepts in 2D and 3D
- Model-making, drawing and sketching
- Testing your idea at scales
- Presenting your final design with a 3D model
Italian designer Federica Capitani studied Industrial Design at the Faculty of Architecture, University of Genova. Between 2002 and 2005 she worked for Patricia Urquiola in Milan, and in 2005 she joined Marcel Wanders in Amsterdam, where she was responsible for product and furniture design until 2007.
After a period in Japan working on design and cultural projects, Federica moved to London in 2009 and established Federica Capitani Design Studio, she is a named designer for companies such as Moroso, Zanotta, and Rosenthal, and her work ranges from small utilitarian objects to architectural projects focusing on furniture and lighting design. Federica teaches in London at KLC and the Royal College of Art.
- All materials for this course are included in the course fee including the use of a PC laptop for each student
- Breakfast refreshments and a delicious light lunch will be provided on the last day. While a vegetarian option is made available, we are unable to cater to specific food intolerances or food allergies.
SAVE 10% off ALL KLC Short Courses with promo code: SC104. Offer ends 31/07/2020
Details for Booking
|Date||Day of week||Time||Duration||Cost||Location||Action|
|Monday to Friday||10.00 - 16.00||5 days||£975||Chelsea Harbour - SW10 0XF|