Planning Spaces: Theory and Principles of Planning.
Day 1- Planning Spaces: Practical Planning
There is increasing emphasis today on the holistic side of interior design and how people are affected by the design of the spaces they live and work in. This day introduces students to the fundamentals of scale, ergonomics and proxemics and use of the architectural grid through a series of short presentations and workshop sessions to produce a workable layout ensuring a good traffic flow around an area.
Day 1 syllabus includes:
- Anthropometrics - Human Dimensions
- The planning procedure (zoning)
- Planning considerations (lifestyle, climate, etc)
- Use of the architectural grid
- Use of templates
- Traffic flows
- Design orders including axis, datum, symmetry, asymmetry, rhythm & repetition, hierarchy
- Development of small residential plan following a client brief, developing zoning and planning solutions.
Proportioning systems and other design techniques and their uses in interior design. Throughout the centuries western interior design has been mainly based on the classical method of proportioning and these elements are still evident in contemporary interiors even though the actual detailing may have been greatly reduced or even omitted. Other systems such as an oriental grid system or Corbusiers Modular system offer different solutions to space planning. This day, through a series of short presentations and of workshops, will help students understand how these fundamental principles can be applied to their own design work.
Day 2 syllabus includes:
- Measured and Visual Scale
- The Golden Section
- The Fibonacci series
- The Orders
- The Ken
- Corbusier and the Modular System
- Development of elevation utilising proportioning methods
There will be opportunity at the end of the two days to discuss good and bad practice and to view each other's designs.
All materials for this course are included in the course fee including refreshments and a delicious light lunch will be provided on the first day of the course.
SAVE 10% off ALL KLC Short Courses with promo code: SC104. Offer ends 31/07/2020
Details for Booking
|Date||Day of week||Time||Duration||Cost||Location||Action|
|Monday to Tuesday||10.00 - 16.00||2 days||£370||Chelsea Harbour - SW10 0XF|