Certificate Environmental and Sustainable Interior Design
Become part of the solution by learning how clean-conscious interior design practice can also be creative and joyous; achieve new credentials for your business on this exciting, informative, and inspirational KLC Masterclass.
2 Week Intensive KLC Masterclass.
You want to do it; your clients want you to do it. Our planet matters and the pressure to design sustainably is intrinsic and extrinsic. But how much do you really know about good sustainable practice?
How can you ensure your projects confront climate change at every stage? Where do you find high end and beautiful design solutions that are also environmentally friendly?
Our industry has a problematic reputation for churn, waste and reckless consumption. Become part of the solution by learning how clean-conscious interior design practice can also be creative and joyous; achieve new credentials for your business on this exciting, informative, and inspirational course.
This 2 week KLC Masterclass tackles sustainable interior design practice from demolition and construction through to sourcing and aesthetics. Learn from experts, visit suppliers, explore case studies. This masterclass covers technical and practical matters such as energy consumption and the conversion of old buildings; it considers health and wellbeing, designing for the senses and incorporating nature while showcasing style, materials and products to delight the most design-conscious and exacting of clients.
You cannot afford not to learn about this: update and future-proof your business model by taking part.
- Design for low environmental impact and energy efficiency
- Passive house technologies and working with old buildings
- Green lighting
- Upcycling and repurposing
- Design for waste reduction
- Sustainable consumerism
- Commercial and residential products and materials
- Biophilic design
- Designing for the senses
- Next steps including BREEAM and LEED
- Learn how to write a sustainability project plan
- Learn where to source materials and products
- Find inspiration and new ways of looking
- Reposition your business and present sustainable practices with confidence
- Reduce waste and raise awareness
- Learn new ways of conceiving design solutions
- Put health and well-being at the centre of client projects
Who should attend?
Experienced interior designers who wish to audit their design output and professional practice to ensure they adhere to principles of sustainability and are planet friendly, and any working designer or student of design who wishes to showcase luxurious and glamorous interior solutions with great environmental credentials. This is an introductory course and assumes little prior knowledge of sustainable design. It reviews environmental and sustainable design both broadly and in some depth, indicating lines of research for those who wish to take studies further.
- Breakfast refreshments and a delicious light lunch will be provided. While a vegetarian option is made available, we are unable to cater to specific food intolerances or food allergies.
We are continuing to take new bookings for onsite short courses scheduled from July 2020 onwards. All course fee payments are covered by our no-quibble fee-back guarantee if this course is cancelled for any reason.
Please refer to our Student Protection Plan.
SAVE 10% off ALL KLC Short Courses with promo code: SC109. Offer ends 30/09/2020
Details for Booking
|Date||Day of week||Time||Duration||Cost||Location||Action|
|Monday to Friday||10.00 - 16.00||5 days||£2275||Chelsea Harbour - SW10 0XF|